Medan Food Festival - North Sumatera, Indonesia

Ahhhh, I thought I have posted this and I just realized that this has been in my draft all along... However, better late than never ;)

Last 18 to 21 June 2014, the city of Medan, North Sumatera - Indonesia held Food Festival (Pesta Kuliner Medan). The event was organized by the Provincial Government along with Young Entrepreneur Association. I didn't go on the first day, but it was part of the Agenda that on the first day, we had Chef Farah Quinn and Chef Kong as the main guests for the opening ceremony.

However, it was pretty crowded as there was cooking competition running, but the number of Food Stands were not as many as expected and it wasn't as much fun as I was expecting. Without the cooking competition, I think it wouldn't be that crowded.

Here are some shots:
Lapangan Benteng, in front of Paladium Plaza



Pineapple cookies with various sugar toppings

Boiled Sea Shells served with Pineapple + Ground Nut + Chili sauce. The best I had in years :)

Mutton Biryani

Dim Sum

Indonesian Kebab (we call it Satay) with rice

Mini Tarts which are too good to be eaten

The Mochi Stand... They truly serve good mochis

Egg Tarts - Not my favorite, but they made it pretty well

Lamb Soup... OOooooohhhh I love the fat :D

Okay, these aren't coffee table decoration. They are pudding... Too beautiful to be something edible!

My all time favourite dim sum

Line of Cooking Competition tables

One of the competition tables

Martabak... Yummyyyyyy!!!

Satay

Not eggs, but puddings :)

Sea Shells

Get busy cooking

Not a very good shot, but this is a big size pineapple cookies!

One of Indonesian traditional breakfast menu, steamed sticky rice served with coconut milk and mango chunks or bananas

Tofu Pudding.. Oooo la la.. I love the Green Tea pudding

Moccha cake with the topping choice of yours


Comments